To establish an effective, open line of communication ensuring confidentiality between the Compliance Officer, members of the Compliance Committee, patients, and employees in support of the Compliance Program. This communication policy provides a forum for providers, personnel and patients to anonymously report alleged non-compliant activity or conduct.
The Compliance Officer will maintain an open line of communication with all Lister Healthcare Corporation personnel and patients to discuss compliance related issues. The Compliance Officer can be contacted by phone at (256) 389-8081 ext. 7021, email at email@example.com, or at my office for reporting anonymous alleged conduct or activities.
The Compliance Officer will monitor and document calls and emails, to include face to face encounters. Responsive action will be initiated within 24 hours of receipt of alleged complaint.
- Communication with CEO, President and Director of Operations: The Compliance Officer will maintain open lines of communication with the CEO, President and Director of Operations regarding activities of the Compliance Program.
- Communication with Management: The Compliance Officer will maintain open lines of communication with Management regarding activities of the Compliance Program.
- Normal Organizational Channels - The Compliance Committee is comprised of management staff responsible for the main departments and functions within the organization. The structure of the Committee therefore facilitates communication with management.
- Compliance Program - All management staff and employees shall receive a copy of the Compliance Program, including revisions.
- Annual Compliance Training - All employees will participate, as a condition of employment, in annual compliance training via the LHCC newsletter and/or inservice. Each employee is responsible for completing training.
- Communication with Patients: All patients will be given a Notice of Privacy which will direct patients when an alleged complaint is presented, to speak with the Compliance Officer. All communication with patients will be confidential and responsive actions will be initiated within 24 hours.